German Baked Bratwurst
1, 4 pack pork brats
5 large potatoes, sliced
1 lb carrots, coined
1 large onion, sliced
¼ cup butter, half a stick melted
4 garlic cloves minced
1 T parsley
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt (I like Lawry’s)
½ C chicken stock for the day of cooking
- Slice and chop vegetables as directed
- Layer vegetables in disposable tinfoil pan
- Lay brats across vegetables
- Melt butter in measuring cup
- Add all seasonings to the melted butter and mix
- Drizzle or brush the butter onto the brats and vegetables until gone.
- Seal the pan with tinfoil and label with date, name of food and directions:
- Let thaw over- night
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and brats are starting to brown and reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit. 25 minutes into baking, flip brats and pour ½ cup chicken stock over vegetables and mix.
- We like this served with sauerkraut and a nice green salad or coleslaw.
Grandpa Don's Market products used: