Fast and Furious Freezer Meals(Bologna Stir Fry)
There is nothing better than coming home from a busy, chaotic day than being able to have supper ready in under an hour with little prep so you can relax or get some family time. These make ahead freezer meals are quick to prepare, delicious and nutritious!
I personally like to use tin foil pans for recipes made in the oven so that I can bake them and ditch them (as little clean up as possible). For crockpot recipes, freezer gallon Ziploc bags are my go to. Dump and ditch the bag.
It is best to use freezer meals within 90 days so that they do not risk getting freezer burn, however, they can last up to a year in the freezer as all of the ingredients are uncooked.
Sheet Pan Freezer meals should thaw at least 8-12 hours before cooking. If this step is skipped, add 15-20 supervised minutes to cooking time. I like to set mine out the night before using which gives plenty of time to thaw. All meals should be cooked uncovered unless noted.
Fast and Furious Freezer Meals
Prep Time: 10 minutes/meal Servings: 4-6 servings per meal
1 Beef Ring Bologna
8 oz sliced mushrooms
3 bell peppers
3 T olive oil
2 T chili powder
1 T Creole Seasoning
1 ½ tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp seasoned salt (I like Lawry’s)
½ tsp oregano
- Slice peppers and onions in long strips. Place peppers, onions and mushrooms into large bowl.
- Mix oil and seasonings into a measuring cup.
- Pour seasonings over the bowl of sliced vegetables, swirl bowl to coat.
- Spread seasoned vegetables into a 9 X 13 disposable tinfoil pan.
- Put the beef ring bologna in the center
- Seal the pan with tinfoil and label with date, name of food and directions:
- Let thaw over- night
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until peppers are soft
- Serve over white or Mexican rice.
Grandpa Don's Market products used:
Beef Ring Bologna